Monday, January 24, 2011

Retirement Card

I was asked by a friend if I would like to make a retirement card for a female co-worker of hers named Carol.  This is the scoop.  There is going to be a nice retirement dinner for her and then a presentation of a beautiful gift will be made.  My friend had the task of getting not only the card for all to sign but purchase the retirement gift on behalf of everyone.  When I asked for a little background on Carol, I was told she was a "classy" lady, a Ralph Lauren kinda person who loved pearls.  That was a tall order for me.  Now don't get me wrong, I don't mind doing it at all and actually I was up for the challenge.  My concern was, that I don't have any Ralph Lauren looking paper or that sort of stuff nor do I carry too much in the way of high end, fancy embellishments.  Oh... I have paper all right, lots of it and tons of embellishements, it's just that I was told not to go and buy anything and to use what I had.  So I began the task of weeding through all my papers, embellishments and bling hoping to come across something that would inspire me.  After searching  I collected all the items and tools necessary that I believed would work in the making of this card. I also wanted to keep in mind the sayings....less is more and simple elegance.  So with that, I began to create the retirement card.

 Well, here is what I came up with.





By the way, my girlfriend called to say that she has purchased cream coloured wrapping paper and cream coloured ribbon.  Now, how good is that, the card is cream (and black) .....YES!  I hope she likes it. I will know for sure this evening when she drops by to pick up the card and bring me the gift to wrap.  I'll keep you posted as to what she thought and I'll even put a picture on my blog of the wrapped gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My wonderful comments