Monday, May 23, 2011

Opposites Attract

Do opposites attract?   We aren't going to talk about people here (fewf), we're going to talk about colours.  While reading up on opposite colours, here are some interesting things I've learned. 

Makeup from Murale.ca
Blue’s complementary colour is orange, so to make blue eyes pop use daytime shades of soft peach or salmon,  For evening, go for dark, dramatic shades of persimmon and burnt orange or go bold with of one of the season’s hottest golden or bronze hues.
Green-eyed gals can create unforgettable eyes with rich, jewel-like tones in purple, violet and mauve with a reddish undertone. 
The best colours to flatter brown-eyed girls are shades of blue-green.
Hazel eyes usually have two colours: brown around the pupil and green towards the outer rim of the eye. These lucky ladies can wear a whole palette of flattering shades, from sea green to rich purples.
Whatever your eye colour, spin the wheel and find your perfect match.

Decorating, from House Beautiful.
Need to perk up the palette of your home with colorful design and decorating ideas? Opposite colors are key to creating stunning, dramatic rooms. "Good color schemes always have complementary colors to keep them from being too obvious," says designer Tom Scheerer.  Look to the color wheel when picking the perfect shade: Pair purple with yellow, blue with orange and red with green. These combinations - while not for the color-shy - are guaranteed to really show off a space.
So let's apply what we've learned about opposites to the challenge.  Splitcoast Stampers challenge on Friday was a Friday Free For All (design/sketch is up to you), you're to use the colour wheel and come up with colours on opposite sides.
I've chosen the colours violet and yellow.
I hope you've enjoyed today's post and perhaps learned something new about either makeup or decorating. I don't know about you, but I can't wait to try a few new shades of eyeshadow.
Wherever you are in your day, I hope your enjoying it!
Wishing you many wonderful creations.
Thanks for visiting.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hello there, Your card's fabulous, so striking:0) I'm fascinated by colours and several years ago invested in a colour wheel of my own, I'm so glad that I did:0) To understand colour theory is a challenge in itself, I've been learning for a long time and quite frankly don't think I'll ever know enough. It's lovely to find someone who's interested too. Thank you for sharing:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card and I think the colours are lovely.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete

My wonderful comments