Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Rosette


Definition of ROSETTE

1: an ornament usually made of material gathered or pleated so as to resemble a rose and worn as a badge of office, as evidence of having won a decoration (as the Medal of Honor), or as trimming
2: a disk of foliage or a floral design usually in relief used as a decorative motif
3: a structure or color marking on an animal suggestive of a rosette; especially: one of the groups of spots on a leopard
4: a cluster of leaves in crowded circles or spirals arising basally from a crown (as in the dandelion) or apically from an axis with greatly shortened internodes (as in many tropical palms)
5: a food decoration or garnish in the shape of a rose <icing rosettes> <carrot rosettes
Now that we all know the definition of a rosette, I wanted to share my second attempt at making the lovely embellishment.  I've seen many great cards adorned with these fabulous rosettes and I've read all about Tim Holtz's amazing new die so, I decided to make them myself as I don't own the die.....yet!  There are some really great tutorials on YouTube should you want to try your hand at making one.  I was actually quite surprised how easy it was to make.  Over the years I have made similar things using the same sort of idea only I didn't use cardstock, I used money - paper money.  I'm sure several of you out there know what I'm talking about.  You add them to gifts, cards etc. presenting money a little differently than just flat, in a card, which by the way isn't so bad either.  Let's be honest here ....if anyone wants to give me money.....I wouldn't care if it's flat, folded or even bent, would you?  Ya, didn't think so!
Anyways.....on to the card,
Card 4" X 5 1/2"
Paper - White cardstock
Stamps - Verve sentiment
Ink - Black
Accessories - Cuttlebug Embossing folder, Spellbinders Nestabilities Label 21 - embossed,
1 1/4" scallop punch, 1" circle punch, Martha Stewart scoring board
As always, it's so nice that you stopped by for a visit. 
Have a wonderful day!
Photobucket

3 comments:

My wonderful comments