Friday, June 17, 2011

Emboss Or Deboss


em·boss

verb (used with object)

1. to raise or represent (surface designs) in relief.

2. to decorate (a surface) with raised ornament.

3. Metalworking . to raise a design on (a blank) with dies of similar pattern, one the negative of the other.

de·boss

 VERB (USED WITH OBJECT)
TO INDENT (A FIGURE OR DESIGN) INTO A SURFACE.

Trying to find a store that sells Copic Markers and supplies isn't easy.  There's really too many stores around me that sell them.  The were only two I could find and one of the two was a store that sold artist supplies, the other one was a scrapbooking store.   I drove the extra few miles to the scrapbooking store, that choice was a no brain er.  It's been a while since I had been in the cute little store so naturally I had a good look around.  Needless to say I walked out of there with more than I should have.  There was so much to look at and to choose from, I'm surprised I only purchased what I did.  One of my new purchases was a great little embossing folder from QuickKutz called
vine label.  It's great that the QuickKutz embossing folders work in my Cuttlebug so, I had to have it.



Here's a quick little card I made to see what using the folder would look like.  I love the fact you can use either the embossed side or debossed side.  Where I have put the white card stock with the sentiment on top is actually debossed in that area so the options are many.  Pretty neat embossing folder I have to say.  Can't wait to show you my other purchases.

Wherever you are in your day, I hope you're enjoying it!
Wishing you many wonderful creations.
Thanks for visiting
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I love this card - the appearance is so clean & fresh.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi There, great card, I love embossing and debossing, it's a fabulous technique and I have to admit to being an avid technique junkie. The embossing folders available now are just superb, can't wait to see your next creations, happy creating, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete

My wonderful comments