Friday, September 16, 2011

The Morning After .....

....the day(s) before. 

I've had a day(s) from hell (sorry, that was a swear) again but if you can believe it ....it's all good now!  Wednesday night my computer decided to go (for a &%#$) all silly on me.  There were sites opening and closing and stuff I was working on was shutting down without warning. Uh oh!  I'm smart enough to know this wasn't looking good.  I knew I had a virus and a real good one to boot!  Panic set it!

Trying to download anything was impossible!  I tried everything, hoping to get rid of the Trojan Virus that had just invaded my computer.  Worked with IT people for hours and there was nothing that anyone could do.  I needed to back up everything and reformat my computer.  If you've ever done this before....you know it takes hours, and hours.  Once you reformat your computer, it's back to the original out of the box condition from when you bought it.  Doesn't sound bad really except anything that was loaded on your computer ever, by way of a disc, must all be loaded again.  Long story short, I've finally managed to get everything back to (almost) normal and thank goodness I had backed everything up first, fewf!  That would have been ugly.  Had I not backed everything up, it would have been lost forever!

There was no crafting for me today unfortunately just a lot of loading and waiting. 
I was glad I had made a card earlier in the week for a friend who had a birthday on Wednesday.  Planning on posting it her card Thursday - which I still feel it is, the clock is telling me it's Friday.  Oh dear!  Did that make any sense?

Here's the card.  I just love these images!

Her favourite colour is lime green so naturally there had to be some of that splashed on the card.



This is a better look at the layers.  I thought it added a nice touch of dimension. 

So here is what I used to make the card and hopefully I didn't forget anything.  I was thrown for a bit of a loop there and don't know what I did with my little notes to remind me what I'd used, sorry! 

White card
I used mostly scraps of paper for this card.  I new I wanted pinks, lime(ish) green, some yellow and white to keep it fresh looking.
I used graduated circle punches with the largest being a scalloped circle punch and used a piercing tool on the scallops. 
A Spellbinders Nestie, Tim Holtz flourish die and a Sizzix branch with leaves die was also used.
A border punch along one side of the white cardstock. 
The image and sentiment is from Stampalicious, stamped in Memento black and coloured with Copic markers. 
To finish the card off ,I used three little rose flowers and three large green rhinestones. 

I'm just a bit dis-com-bob-ulated today after all this computer stuff and it's silly o'clock here right now.

Wherever you are in your day, I hope you're enjoying it!
Wishing you many wonderful creations


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. What a fabby card - the pink and lime together are just gorgeous! And the detailed layers look super. Sheesh though, not fun with your computer virus rampaging round, scarey stuff. You used a nice big word too at the end of your post..........wanna join the big word club? :)) Hope today is better for you. Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great big (((Hugs))) sent your way as I know how awful that PC stuff can be.

    I love the card and the super colour combo you have used.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete

My wonderful comments