Monday, November 16, 2015

When Purchasing New Lights For Christmas Decorating - A Tip

It's that time of year again!

"The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year."  

I think so anyways.

Well, I had to purchase some new lights this year as some ....didn't quite make it.  Although I test, fold up, wrap and package all my lights carefully every year, that doesn't mean they make the cut when decorating the following year.

I couldn't miss this opportunity and thought it would be a perfect time to pass along a tip.

If you are planning on purchasing new lights or,  have all ready, here is a great tip I think may be of interest.

Here are my new lights taken out of the box


Save that piece of wire that is wrapped around the lights.


Here you can see I have removed the wire



This wire will become very useful when decorating.  The single most useful purpose for me,
wrapping this wire around garland to secure it to my hand rail as seen below.  The colour of 
the wire matches perfectly with the garland, it won't ruin or mark the wood and no one will see
it.  It's reusable too.  Score!


For any extras, I put them in a named ziplock bag for future use.  I'm a bit of a ziplock bag
junkie.



So, when it's time to take down the decorations, I place the used wires into the named 
handy dandy ziplock bag so I'm ready for next year.  


Happy Decorating!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! The Christmas countdown has now begun as we have a Crafty Elf in the house - lovely to see you back in blogland and thanks for the tip.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how wonderful! That truly has made the run up to Christmas all the better for knowing that you're back in Blogland my dear little elfin friend! Great tip too :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

My wonderful comments