Friday, March 25, 2011

It's Friday!

Good Morning.  I can't believe we are coming to the end of the last full week in March.  It's hard to believe that April will arrive one week today - Yipeeee!   I'm seeing buds on the trees and I did see a few little sprouts coming out of the ground but since our big snow fall on Wednesday not much is visible right now.  A bit of a downer really because we have over a foot of snow now and that's gotta all melt before we see green again.  It could be worse I know,  I'm just so excited to spring clean in the yard and be working outdoors again.  It's been a long winter ..... I'm over it!

On to some exciting stuff now.  Michaels had a great sale on this week so I booked it over there to see what I was missing!  I just can't pass up a good sale.  I grabbed a few things at 40% off so that was good.  While I was there though I noticed  a much larger selection of Michaels own brand - Recollections.  It's really expanded.  Nice to see some new things for a change, mostly embellishments.  Quite a few new ones actually from them and from the other companies as well so it was quite a pleasant experience.  If you get a chance you should have a look. 

Below you'll see a few of the mini roses I picked up.  I wanted to make a card with them and felt that the green ones inspired me the most for whatever reason.   I picked out some papers, faux pearls, Spellbinders Nestabilities, a Hampton Art stamp, border punch and went to work.




Have a great day and thanks for popping in today!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely, fresh looking card....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is absolutely lovely. It's perfect in green and the roses add so much. Very, very pretty....Love the use of your dies and border punch. Pearls....make everything look so rich...Very classy card!

    ReplyDelete

My wonderful comments