Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Father's Day

Happy June to everyone. 

June is the month with the longest daylight hours of the year in the Northern Hemisphere and the shortest daylight hours of the year in the Southern Hemisphere.

June in the Northern Hemisphere is the seasonal equivalent to December in the Southern Hemisphere and vice versa.

In the Northern hemisphere, the beginning of the meteorological summer is 1 June. In the Southern hemisphere, the beginning of the meteorological winter is 1 June.

June is known for the large number of marriages that occur over the course of the month. According to one etymology, June is named after Juno (Hera). Juno was the goddess of marriage and a married couple's household, so some consider it good luck to be married in this month

We also celebrate Father's Day in June so here is the second card of my three cards needed.

This card can be used as a gift card holder as well. 

This golf ball card was made using my Cricut machine
For the card I used the 5" circle from the Christmas Cheer cartridge
For the grass I used the Wild Card cartridge (cut the grass to fit the card)
For the lettering I used the Tear Drop cartridge

I cut two circles at 5"
I embossed one circle with the polka dot embossing folder from Sizzix
I scored the second circle 1/2" from the top and folded to the inside applying glue to the folded in tab and adhered the two circles together, now the card opens.

Wherever you are in your day, I hope you're enjoying it
Wishing you many wonderful creations.
Thanks for visiting.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Lovely idea and the green against the white looks so clean & fresh. Beautiful card.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete

My wonderful comments