Friday, July 15, 2011

A Must Have

First of all let me just say....MY HOUSE MOUSE ORDER HAS ARRIVED!  Sorry for yelling, the mail strike is finally over our mail is slowly getting back to normal.  You can't imagine how thrilled I was to go to my mail box (we don't get delivery where I live, we have a super box - 2 streets over) and find a package I've been waiting several weeks for.  My order was placed June 12th shipped June 15th and received July 13th.  That's exactly 1 month after my order was placed.  Not sure about the rest of the world but we refer to our mail system here in Canada as SNAIL MAIL





What I'm really excited about are my new stamps from House Mouse.  I've not owned any before and they have got to be the cutest things ever.  I was quite shocked at how many actually jumped right into my cart before checking out at the House Mouse website.  Those little rodents are quick - WARNING ....watch out!  Anyways..... I've opened the package from House Mouse and found two wood mounted stamps (adorable) and three separate packages (oh so cute) of rubber sheet stamps which will need to be cut and applied to EZ Mount Foam. 

OK, so here is the MUST HAVE!!!!  In a previous post (way back) I mentioned a Hot Knife, let me tell you, this is the one tool that every stamper NEEDS.  I had 18 rubber stamps that needed to be cut and mounted with EZ Mount Foam, which I did ......and I was done in less than 10 minutes.  Hello!  This tool is amazing!

Hot Knife on the right - comes with stand and two blades


Can I just say one thing?  It's called Hot Knife for a reason....it's hot!  Stupid is as Stupid does.  Isn't that what Forrest Gump said?  I plugged in the Hot Knife, turned it on using the little switchy turn on thinga ma bob and after a few minutes I wanted to see if it was on, so.... I touched it.  OUCH!!!!  The thing was hot!  Blister!  DUH!  Anyways....this Hot Knife cut through the EZ Mount Foam like it was butter.  I took each rubber sheet provided in the three different House Mouse sleeves and cut as closely to all the images as possible.  I then took each image and like a puzzle placed it on the EZ Mount Foam to ensure as little waste as possible.  Once I was done with the placement I took the very hot, Hot Knife and ran it along the edge of each rubber image I had cut out.  Easy peasy!  No time flat, I was done!  I only wish I had had this tool earlier it saves so much time and grief!
I ordered my Hot Knife through Stamping Bella for approx $20.  This was the best $20. dollars I've spent, honestly!  I wouldn't say it if I didn't believe it.  This is one of those times you should listen to something recommended, trust me!  This is so worth every penny if you purchase stamps that need to be cut and mounted.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. We have "Snail Mail" here in the UK as well but we do have it delivered to our doors in most circumstances.

    That hot knife looks good - I have a number of stamps that I haven't used because they require 'cutting out' and I'm always a bit concerned I'll "do it wrong!" or the craft knife will slip.

    Have fun with your new goodies.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with those stamps - House Meece Rule the World! Sorry but I chuckled about you touching the hot knife to see if it was hot - my kinda trick exactly! Di x

    ReplyDelete

My wonderful comments