Thursday, September 8, 2011

Fall Is In The Air

Happy Thursday everyone!  Sure seems like fall is in the air with these cooler damp days.  Another rainy day here but I will say, most lawns are looking pretty green and lush right now.  Big difference from a few weeks ago.  In keeping with the word fall, not rushing the season cos' it'll be here soon enough, I've made a card using some fall colours. 

It's a friends birthday on the 10th of September so I've just finished her card for the "Special Day".  This girl is just adorable and we do have a lot of laughs together.  When nine of us girls went to Vegas last year she was my roommate and now she calls me "Roomie" ....too funny!

So here's her card

I used my new Damask embossing folder by Tim Holtz and the Standard Large Nestabilities Circle die from Spellbinders.  Instead of running the die through the Big Shot again to emboss it using the tan mats, I (flipped the die over with the cardstock still in it) ran a Stylus tool around the inner edge of the metal die to get the same effect.  Thanks for the tip Di!  Worked like a charm.  I used a scalloped border punch along the largest piece of cardstock.  Speaking of cardstock, except for the white Copic friendly paper which the image is stamped on, all other cardstock was from my scraps pile.  Excellent job ....I love when I can do that!

Here is a close up of the layers and flower embellished with a Making Memories flower rhinestone.

You'll also see a flourish to the right of the flower.  That was cut using Tim Holtz's elegant flourish die.

I've used a kraft coloured card on this project and finished the inside as you can see here.

 It just makes it easier to write a message on the inside, I believe it shows up better.  The image is from Stampalicious, I really have fun with their stamps. 

This is the set I used to make my friends card and I'm not telling which stamp I used inside the card just below a "Happy Birthday" sentiment but I think you can figure it out. 

The image was coloured using Copic markers and co ordinated to match the colours of the cardstock.  Both the image and sentiment were stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and the rhinestones added to the card are from Making Memories.  The flower is from Recollections which is Michaels own brand.

Wherever you are in your day, I hope you're enjoying it!
Wishing you many wonderful creations

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Super card and I love the colours.

    Aren't we all being good little crafters at the moment using our scraps (doesn't seem to be making much of a dent in my stash mountain though LOL)

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card - your friend will need to rush to the loo herself! I knew you'd do something lovely with the embossing folders. Ten out of ten, crazy elf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card - glad the stylus trick suits, anything to save time :) Ha, and I also know which sentiment you'd have used! As the TP Queen of Canada it was a no-brainer :)) Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card for your friend, love the image. x

    ReplyDelete

My wonderful comments