Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Holiday Wreath!

No sooner was the door closed on Halloween, I had a wreath up outside!  Julia Dunnit from the Stamping Ground may just want some inspiration - read on!

I need to refluff the bottom of the wreath
 at the spot that has no lights!

If you don't already know by now, Christmas is my most favourite time of the year! I can't wait to start sharing everything I know about decorating. So far you've seen how I turned a little 18" tree from the dollar store into a beautiful Christmas tree, all for under $13.00. I'm a firm believer in the saying.."It's not what you have, it's what you do with what you have." Hang around for a while, I hope to be able to inspire you and maybe even get some new life back into your ornaments you thought were boring or needed tossing! You also might be shocked at what you are capable of doing!

Before I go, I'm kinda hoping our dear friend Julia has figured out her quandary! The poor thing mixed her dusts. Not the ones found in different parts of the house but her Gold and Diamond Glamour Dust. Nothing worse!! It appears she may have been a bit over tired at the time of the mishap - not sure though. To make things worse, she's talking about possibly not making cards anymore (tell me it ain't so), cleaning up shop and getting a real job! Something is very wrong and doesn't make sense. She better be kidding us because she is leading the weekly fashion show of desks! You might want to pay a visit to her Stamping Ground and see if she's doing any better today!

Wherever you are in your day, I hope you're enjoying it.
Wishing you may wonderful creations!

Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Fabulous wreath!! Just to let you know I have started buying my bits and pieces from Poundland (like your dollar shop) to decorate my tree like you have shown us!! I don't have a tree yet but hope they'll be getting some in soon, I'll keep you posted. Thanks for all your inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if it is the mixing of fairy dust that has caused her to be MIA ...lol
    Looking forward to seeing more of your Xmas inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah now, you crafty elf, I should have known that you could revive some of my Christmassy spirit :) Fabulous wreath and once I've cleared the last of the cards out of the way I'll be bringing down my old decorations and will see id I can give them a Crafty Elf makeover and like Susan, above, I'll be taking a trip to the local pound shops to see what festive goodies I can discover. Have a great week. Elizabeth x #59

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful wreath. Thank you for sharing your Christmas spirit with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must report that a house near me is all decorated and lit up for Christmas... since yesterday! Love your wreath but it's still to early for me and takes away the specialty of it if we do it all for so long. Anyhow, if you love it... enjoy it.
    JoZarty x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wahoo . . . Christmas is getting closer. I LOVE Christmas. Great wreath!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely wreath , it' enough to get even me in the festive mood
    great candy
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful wreath my friend. I'm still trying to work out how I'm going to attach one without resorting to 10 inch coach bolts to stop it going missing (the kids from the local school think it's fun to pinch things from the front doors/gardens/porches grrrrr). Wreaths don't quite look the same hung on the inside of the door.

    Had to giggle about your comment on my 'diamonds'...Ooooooooo if only LOL

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a humdinger of a Christmassy wreath, I love all the lights, :0) Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely wreath you have on show today. I hope those are environmentally friendly lights on there!! We don't want the North Pole melting do we?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE Christmas too, I'd put my decs up earlier but my boyfriend isn't quite so into it as me :o) looking forward to seeing your festive creations x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love Christmas too but I can't contemplate putting a wreath up just yet! I have however, taken a trip to Michaels where their Christmas picks were 60% off and their garlands were 40% off. I have a plan!

    Hugs
    Brenda 74

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great looking wreath. Closed the door on halloween and put up my Thanksgiving stuff. Love this time of year. Hope you have a great week. Thanks for sharing. Vickie #68

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're a crazy, kind Elf. Don't worry about me..it's blogs like yours that will re-find me my mojo and then I'll be back to offering my husband anything he wants as a bribe to not have to go out to proper work! The wreath is lovely - at least you have thanksgiving to come too- so decorating early isn't too erm, early!!

    ReplyDelete

My wonderful comments