Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Peppermint Swirls....

....made it to my card today!

When looking up Peppermint Swirls, I did come across some really neat things like cheesecakes, cookies, candies, ice cream and even white chocolate peppermint swirl bark...Mmmmm.  Sadly though, my project today doesn't contain anything edible but it was just as much fun to make as a recipe.  Less fattening too! 


The challenge over at Winter Wonderland is looking for a clean and simple card with minimal embellishments.  I tried stamping the snowman directly on a clean white card but I felt it needed something more.  I embossed white cardstock with the Sizzix Peppermint Swirls and showed only a bit of the embossing above and below the image.  I matted the Spellbinders Blossoms Die Cut which is what Bah Humbug is looking for this week for their challenge. 


It was a bit difficult to see the detail on the snowman so I took a close up shot.  I added Crystal effects to the hat, arms and buttons and added Diamond Sugar Dust to the body.  The scarf and ribbon on the hat were coloured using a atyou Spica Glitter Marker #03 Red.  The sentiment is from Northwood Rubber Stamps and the snowman image is from Inkadinkado.

I'm entering my card in both challenges below,

Bah Humbug - Die Cuts
Winter Wonderland - Clean and Simple Cards

Wherever you are in your day, I hope you're enjoying it.
Wishing you many wonderful creations!

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. yeah what a fun card - love it. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Humbug Hall.
    Ann and Max xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I love your snowman and he's glitzy...super.

    Good luck with the challenges.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card and great embossing - now I have a bedtime craving for peppermint! Maybe the toothpaste when I brush my teeth before saying my prayers and hugging my teddy goodnight like a good little girl will help?! Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super CAS card hun, what a great entry for this week's Winter Wonderland. Thanks for joining us. Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous snowman, scrumptious glitter too, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete

My wonderful comments