1. any warm-blooded vertebrate of the class Aves, having a body covered with feathers, forelimbs modified into wings, scaly legs, a beak, and no teeth, and bearing young in a hard-shelled egg.
2. a fowl or game bird.
3. Sports .
a. clay pigeon.
b. a shuttlecock.
4. Slang . a person, especially one having some peculiarity: He's a queer bird.
5. Informal . an aircraft, spacecraft, or guided missile.
6. Cookery . a thin piece of meat, poultry, or fish rolled around a stuffing and braised: veal birds.
7. Southern U.S. (in hunting) a bobwhite.
8. Chiefly British Slang . a girl or young woman.
9. Archaic . the young of any fowl.
10. the bird, Slang .
a. disapproval, as of a performance, by hissing, booing, etc.: He got the bird when he came out on stage.
b. scoffing or ridicule: He was trying to be serious, but we all gave him the bird.
c. an obscene gesture of contempt made by raising the middle finger.
Now that we have the dictionary definition of a bird, we need to put it to the challenge. The Less is More Challenge. Chrissie and Mandi of LIM are requesting the following,
ONE LAYER CARD
with the subject of
Remember to add NO additional layers and to keep embellishments to a minimum
I used very vintage jumbo wheel from Stampin Up and masked off the bird from Stampin Up's Punch Potpourri. I then re stamped the bird in the masked off area and added the sentiment thoughtful from Hero Arts. I used only one colour of ink on my card, frayed burlap from Tim Holtz
|The folds can be squeezed as tightly together as you like or gently pulled open, which ever|
look is preferred.
|For the bottom left corner,|
I start to score from the bottom scoring upwards (I find this easier) to the centre fold of the card
scoring eleven lines.
|I fold the score lines in an accoridan fashion. I like to use my ruler to help|
crease the lines
|Then I use my bone folder to finish each fold.|
|Here is what the corner looks like finished|
|Here is the card|
Well, if you've got this far....thank you!
Where ever you are in your day, I hope you're enjoying it.
Wishing you many wonderful creations!