Monday, November 7, 2011

Entertaining...

...anytime soon?

I just had to try something out and boy, I'm glad I did!   I love to entertain, offer ideas and try all different kinds of things.  With the holiday season upon us, having family and friends over to celebrate is very fun and exciting.  What if I were to help you with some interesting ideas to make your party a little more creative, would you be interested?

I love to reinvent things I have because one, it's a heck of a lot cheaper and two, it's a heck of a lot cheaper!  I have several vases and glass containers which I enjoy using for all different occasions.  For this particular project I want to share with you, I've chosen only a few containers.  One in particular is quite large and resembles an enormous Martini glass.  I purchased it several years ago at Walmart but have seen it at many retailers since.  I believe I paid approximately $13.00 for it at the time and find I use it time and time again.  I've also given several of these as gifts over the years all decorated and full of assorted goodies, wrapped in cellophane for the perfect presentation.  Always a huge hit!!  I absolutely love it!


This glass container is approximately 17 3/4" high.  Isn't it awesome?  What I've done here is so simple really, I've added water, glad wrap and a submersible light.  Let's get more into detail about what I've used.  Water, well that's pretty basic.  I like to use warm water as it's easier on my fingers, especially in the colder months.  The plastic wrap can be Saran Wrap, Glad Wrap or whatever you have on hand.  The amount of wrap will depend on the look you are going for.  The submersible lights were purchased at Michaels using a 50% off coupon.  I originally purchased them to create my Nieces centerpieces for her wedding last month.  You'll find that these lights are also available on line.  I filled the container with warm water, placed the submersible light where I wanted it and then began to add the plastic wrap in sheets until I got the look I was going for.  That's it!  It really does make for a stunning display, don't you think?  If you wish, you can purchase a bevelled mirror square 12" X 12" at either the dollar store or one of your local retailers.  It finishes off the look perfectly!

I've learned over the years that ambient lighting adds that extra something when entertaining.  If and where possible, dim the lights to create the perfect atmosphere.  Adding items such as I've just shown really pop and become the centre of attention on any table being displayed.

As if that wasn't enough fun, I thought I would try the same idea only this time using Metallic Crinkle paper.  It's that paper you use to fill baskets mostly resembling the one used at Easter time.  I purchased mine at Michaels with another 50% off coupon (of course) and I reuse it over and over again.  I empty the water out of the container,  lay the Metallic Crinkle paper on a towel to dry and it's as good as new, ready for the next time.  I find it reflects the light from the submersible lights beautifully. 


I must apologize for the pictures.  I used some white crepe paper for the previous photo and got a few water marks on it.  The paper I used is for a future project and I can't have the paper getting wet so therefore - no paper background this time.  I was too excited to get an alternative background which may have shown this project off a little better - patience is something I need to work on.  Regardless, you have to believe me that this project is also amazing!!!
The only thing different here is the Metallic Crinkle paper.  The paper is actually in strips and poker straight not crinkled like the name would suggest.


Here I've used three different containers each giving stunning results.  If you could only see this in person you would have to agree it's fabulous! 



Here is a tiny little votive! 




It's simply unbelievable...I can see this being used for so many occasions. 


For this picture, I took out the majority of the Metallic Crinkle just to see what it would look like.  Either way, they are both great looks!  This is a project that is definitely worth using and how much you use of any one thing is entirely up to you!  Make it your own but be sure to make it for your next celebration. 

Wherever you are in your day, I hope you're enjoying it!
Wishing you many wonderful creations!



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful my friend - what a super idea. I bet they look stunning dotted about.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete

My wonderful comments