Saturday, September 24, 2011

Christmas Baking...

...and the card to go with it!

No, relax!  I didn't start my Christmas baking yet.  I won't begin that until a couple weeks before Christmas.  It's usually one of the last things done in preparation for the Holiday Season.

When I saw this ribbon (thank you MarianneI thought it would be perfect to add to a card and to use it to tie around a wrapped hostess gift or two.  I think there will be many uses for this ribbon over the Holiday Season but today I'm going to show you how I used it on a card.


This is the same style of wreath from last weeks post that had the tutorial included.  I've added a few fun embellishment and the Christmas Treats ribbon.  I think this card will be perfect to add to a Christmas tray of baked goods.


A closer look at the bow and you can even see one of the bells there too.  Last year I picked up a package of tiny Christmas embellishments at the dollar store.  The package was full of red and green bells (that jingle), small Christmas trees, rhinestones and clothes pins to name a few.  I think they'll come in quite handy this year, they really are adorable.

Next on my list....3" X 3" Christmas note cards.

Wherever you are in your day, I hope you're enjoying it!
Wishing you many wonderful creations


Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. So who's a busy little elf then? :) Gorgeous make. the ribbon entwined is adorable - and when do you show the Christmas decorations then :) ? I'm waiting, I'm waiting..... Di xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful card and that ribbon is fab.

    I picked up a super stamp set today but you'll have to wait and see what the images are...hehe.

    Have a great weekend.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, Lovely card....perfect ribbon.
    Your are a crafty little elf. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. and I repeat...I NEED that punch, hoping the next shipment to SA has them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi crafty elf - just to say thanks for all your good wishes for Annie & co. It has lifted their spirits no end knowing so many lovely folk are thinking of them. Here's hoping next week looks much much better than last! x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh fabulous! What a wonderful card! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh so beautiful and christmassy. lovely work :)
    Hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Wreath and Christmas card. love the sponging around the card base too. Warms up the whole card. x

    ReplyDelete

My wonderful comments