Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Inspire....

...just in time for the Holiday Season!

A couple of weeks ago I received my order from Lili of the Valley and I can't wait to begin inking my new stamps.  I needed to get some EZ Mount to mount the stamps as they are, well.....unmounted.  Stopping at two of my local craft stores neither store had any and the one store said that not only were they out of stock, so was their supplier.  No big deal, I ordered what I needed off eBay and I'll use my tape runner for now.  I applied a small amount of adhesive to my acrylic blocks, stuck the unmounted stamp to the sticky block and used that.  It's working out fine for now but ....I'm still waiting!  The trade off of the wait is well worth it, that's for sure!  I ordered a package of 10 EZ Mount sheets which was the most economical way and much cheaper more cost effective than purchasing them individually or by a package of 5.  After doing all the math, I figured I saved over $3.25 per sheet and even after factoring in the shipping, I'm still way ahead.

Maybe my EZ Mount story inspired someone but what I'm really wanting to share with you today is one of my new images, Build A Snowman.  The Build A Snowman image is only one of many from the Christmas collection at Lili of the Valley.  There are 43 different designs to choose from and they are available now for this Holiday Season, thus the 10 sheets of EZ Mount.  LOL!  Oh goodness, I didn't get the 43 new images or anywhere even close to that number.  I only (ha only, 6 is still a lot) purchased 6..for now!

I'm always so inspired by Bev's work over at LOTV's Ideas to Inspire.  If you've never visited this blog, I would recommend the visit.  I enjoy the videos, tutorials and just looking at all her beautiful creations.  It was this blog that inspired me to create my card today.  Bev showed a card with the same image I've used today.  On her card she used the softest colours of blue, pink and white and I thought it was just stunning!  Normally I wouldn't use blue but when I saw Bev's, I had to try it.

Here is what I came up with using the same colours on the image as Bev.


I was actually surprised at how much I liked the softer colours!


Snowflakes and a few flower embellishments were added for detail, finished off with some faux pearls.  I hope you like it.

I'm off to choose another stamp and see what I'll come up with next.  I'll be visiting Bev again to see if she can take me out of my comfort zone again.  I'm really liking all her layers so I think I'll throw that into the mix as well.  Should be fun!

Here is the list of items used for my card.

Card - 5" X 6 1/2"
Paper - K & Co. Designer Paper from the Sweet Nectar collection, Stampin Up Brocade Blue and White cardstock
Stamps - Lili of the Valley both image and sentiment
Ink - Memento Tuxedo black, Stampin Up Brocade Blue
Accessories - Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 15, Martha Stewart Snowflake punch, Snowflake embellishments, Faux Pearls and Copics

Wherever you are in your day, I hope you're enjoying it!
Wishing you many wonderful creations

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Such beautiful colours - really lovely card.

    I'm having problems deciding which stamps to get from LOTV (I have a voucher to spend) - everytime I think I've made up my mind I see one of the LOTV DT have done something amazing with one of the images and I start all over again LOL

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there, Totally gorgeous card, love the soft colours too! Well done on your bargain EZ mount, I love a bargain, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya, I've no idea how i ended up at your blog - but i'm soooo glad i have!!! I can't seem to get going with Christmas cards/projects this year but you have so many awesome projects (love love love the wreath card) i feel really inspired.I'm new to blogging and I love it! I'm now your newest follower! please stop by mine if you have time.
    Jo x
    http://www.mycraftingcorner-jo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabby card, love the soft colours - you'll be layering like nobody's business soon my Elfin Friend! Good news about Annie's daughter and the babies so don't be worried about hopping over for a look. Big hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete

My wonderful comments